Don’t be fooled by the glossy pics, this place is a RINO (Resort In Name Only). In truth it’s a caravan park with some fancy cabins out the back.
The problems include:
1) Inadequate after-hours contact. We had problems with a belligerent, abusive and entitled guest who thought his children could do whatever they liked noise-wise. We rang the afterhours number provided in guest information and got no answer. We couldn’t even leave a message because the message-bank was full. The unpleasant guest (apparently a friend of management) was so threatening we were a hare’s whisker away from calling the police.
2) Inadequate room service. Several days our supposedly deluxe room wasn’t serviced at all or done in a hurry. Towels weren’t changed, toilet not cleaned, bed not made, bathroom floor muddy. When we complained, the overworked office staff had to come, because the cleaning staff had gone home.
3) Inconsistent power supply. The power goes off 2 to 5 times each day, meaning that water doesn’t pump or heat and the internet is lost. The power reboots after about a minute, but this is not up to “resort” standard.
4) Poor internet service. WiFi is weak and the internet very slow, particularly at peak times.
5) Restaurant is average. The restaurant serves basic pub/caravan park food, but can’t pretend to be a “resort” experience.
6) Exhaust fan in bathroom was inadequate for the task of drawing moisture. The spa/shower stayed dangerously wet for 8 hours.