I have been a Marriott member for years; thought that the chain provided the best service so stuck with it for years. Over the last 2 years I have been using hotels.com to find small, quaint hotels to stay at and found this one for a quick couple trip in early May 2023.
Found some good tickets from SJC>KOA and so was searching for a place to stay and the Courtyard wanted ~$350 a night and this place wanted around the same prices but it was heavenly.
1. no tv's, so you enjoy the view, the sounds and the pool
2. quiet and only 17 rooms
3. had the pool to ourselves the 3 days we were there with the exception of the 2nd day where we shared the pool deck with a couple who stayed for 5 minutes then left.
4. The rooms are decorated nicely and very clean.
5. Easy to get to and nice couple owns the hotel.
6. They have fridges and light dishes in the room so you can easily hop to the store and grab breakfast food.
7. shop locally (not safeway) and try HiCo coffee, so good, and serves alchohol.
We will be back for sure, it's the perfect place for us and glad we found it.