Walk along pristine beaches and a sandbar to explore Charles Island; this quaint cottage is a unique getaway vacation rental for up to 7 guests! Providing 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths, this beach home rests in a quiet setting just 2 miles from the beautiful town green area - lined with a variety of restaurants - and offers easy access to boating, fishing, and more waterfront fun. Countless hours await on the beach just outside your door, while New York City is a quick train ride away!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: Twin Daybed | Additional Sleeping: 2 Traveling Cribs
Activities abound for all guests - both young and old - at this cozy, waterfront home-away-from-home. Each morning, step outside the comfortable screened porch to a direct, sandy, private beach and relax along the Connecticut shoreline.
When you're not enjoying the crisp, salty breeze from the top-floor or main-level screened porch, the living room offers a wicker daybed and plush armchair - perfect for getting lost in a good book. Connect to the complimentary wireless internet access and plan out the next day's itinerary!
Exposed beam ceilings, polished wood-paneled walls, and hardwood floors guide you from room-to-room in the cottage. Head into the well-equipped kitchen to prepare your favorite recipes then set the adjacent, round wooden dining table to share each home-cooked feast.
Finish your day with a nightcap along the shore before retreating to your choice of 3 bedrooms. Between a king bed and 4 twin beds total, you'll have ideal arrangements for the whole family. Make sure to wake up early and catch the stunning East Coast sunrise over the water!
-- THE LOCATION --
Step out your front door to watch sailboat races, kayakers and boating activities all day long, or head out to explore several notable sites for waterfront recreation just minutes away! The Silver Sands Beach is nearby while the Fort Trumbell Beach is just steps away - both are great for swimming!
Take a break from the beach and drive just 2 miles to reach the Milford Green area. Attend the Milford Oyster Festival in Wilcox Park - held, annually, in August - visit the Fowler Memorial Building, and treat yourself at all the tasty restaurants including Stonebridge, SBC, Eli's Tavern, Cafe Atlantique, and several others.
For a day trip, head to the train station and hop on the line leading to the New York City metropolitan area. A day visiting all the famous, Big Apple sites is the perfect switch up during an extended stay at this cozy, quiet, beachfront cottage!
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve makes it easy to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, free WiFi, a starter set of trash bags, soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc., a washing machine, top-floor screened porch, central heating, 2 AC units (1 on each level), fully furnished main-level screened porch, direct private beach access, driveway parking for up to 6 cars, and more
- Waterfront Milford location along Milford Harbor/Long Island Sound - Relax on your private beach or drive just minutes to Silver Sands State Park or the Marina. Visit the Town Green only 2 miles away, and hop a train to tour NYC
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Tweed New Haven Airport (~16 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: 1 step is required to access (backdoor) and 1 step is required to access the bathroom. This may be difficult for guests with limited mobility